Comment on page
YuDash LYNX IoT Gateway
In this section we'll explain how to integrate the YuDash LYNX IoT Gateway into Datacake.
The YuDash LYNX is a robust and flexible industrial IoT gateway that connects to various sensors and devices using different protocols, such as Modbus RS485, Modbus TCP/IP, I2C sensors, between others. It supports HTTP POST API and MQTT to send the data from the connected devices to the cloud for storage and analysis.
Now, let's move on to the integration process. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:
- 1.First, you'll need to create an account on Datacake if you don't already have one. You can sign up for a free account, which allows you to connect up to two free devices.
- 2.You will need to add a device to your Datacake account. To do this, navigate to "Devices" and then click "+ Add Device." Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new API Device using the serial number and the template on the platform.
- 3.Next step is to create an API Token to be able to feed data into the platform via RESP API. Create an API Token on the Members section under API Members.
- 4.Now you'll need to set up the YuDash LYNX IoT Gateway to send data to Datacake. To do this, log in to the LYNX's web interface and navigate to the "HTTP Server and Payload" settings.
- 5.To configure the HTTP settings, you'll need to enter the server address (api.datacake.co), API Name (/v1/devices/<DATACAKE_DEVICE_ID>/record/?batch=true) and Port (443). You need to also enable the "HTTP SSL Enabled" box as well as setup the HTTP Headers for Authorization:
- Header1Key: Authorization
- Header1 Value: Token <DATACAKE_API_TOKEN>
The Device ID can be extracted from the CURL command on your device on Datacake.
- 6.Once you've configured the HTTP settings, you'll need to select the payload type to match with Datacake. Under "Payload Settings" setup the following:
- Payload Format: 12
- Variable Name Key: field
- Variable Value Key: value
- 7.Finally, you'll need to configure the fields that will be sent on the "Modbus settings" section of your LYNX. Be sure that the names of the fields configured on this section match the fields defined on your device on Datacake.
That's it! You've now successfully integrated the YuDash LYNX IoT Gateway into Datacake. You should start seeing data from your sensors in your Datacake workspace. From here, you can use Datacake's powerful visualisation and analysis tools to make sense of your data and gain insights into your operations.
Last modified 8mo ago