How to add Dragino NB-IoT devices to Datacake
Welcome to the integration guide on connecting Dragino NB-IoT devices to the Datacake platform. This documentation article will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to seamlessly integrate your Dragino NB-IoT devices with Datacake. There are two versions of Dragino NB-IoT devices available, one with a Datacake Integration preset and the other as a blank device requiring configuration. Follow the respective instructions below based on your device version.
Dragino NB-IoT Devices with Datacake Integration Preset If your Dragino NB-IoT device came with a Datacake Integration preset, you can easily set up the integration. Look for a Datacake QR-Code or Link inside the shipping box of your device. If you have the preset, simply "click here" to proceed with the integration.
Blank Dragino NB-IoT Devices Requiring Configuration If your Dragino NB-IoT device is blank and requires configuration, follow the steps below.
Follow the upcoming steps in order to connect a blank Dragino NB-IoT device to Datacake. This guide also helps if you want to reset your already preconfigured Dragino device and reconnect it to Datacake.
- 1.Get an IoT SIM Card: Purchase an IoT SIM card from providers like 1NCE or iotcreators, suitable for your NB-IoT device.
- 2.Insert the SIM Card: Place the SIM card into your Dragino NB-IoT device following the manufacturer's instructions.
- 3.Access Device Configuration: Connect to your Dragino device's configuration interface via the serial port. For detailed instructions on accessing and configuring via the serial port, refer to the Dragino guide at Dragino Serial Port Guide.
- 4.Enter APN via AT Command: Once connected to the device configuration interface, use AT commands to enter the APN (Access Point Name) for your SIM card. This information can be obtained from your SIM card provider.
- 5.Set Datacake UDP Server and Port: Configure the Dragino device to use Datacake's UDP server and port by sending the respective AT commands.
- 6.Set Transmission Mode to UDP: Use AT commands to set the transmission mode of your Dragino device to UDP.
- 7.Save Device Configuration: After making the necessary configuration changes, save the device settings and exit the configuration interface.
For detailed instructions on accessing the Dragino device configuration interface via the serial port and configuring it using AT commands, refer to the Dragino guide at Dragino Serial Port Guide.
- Upon adding a new device to Datacake, please select "Dragino NB-IoT" and continue by clicking on "Next".
- We do have templates ready for Dragino NB-IoT devices.
- Go ahead, pick them from the list of available templates and continue by clicking on "Next".
- 1.Copy the serial number exactly as it appears on your Dragino NB-IoT device.
- 2.The serial number corresponds to the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) of the device, which is included in the payload sent by the device.
- 3.Before entering the serial number, ensure that you prefix it with the letter "f" (lowercase). This is necessary because the IMEI consists of 15 digits, but the serial number on the Dragino device requires 16 digits.
- 1.IMEI on Device:
- 2.IMEI with Prefix for Datacake:
- 4.Proceed with entering the modified serial number to complete the device addition process.